Thank you for considering to volunteer with the Run For Veterans 5K! Volunteers are crucial to our success. We promise you’ll have a great time, meet wonderful people, and receive a shirt and thank you gift for your help!
- All volunteers are required to register. Registration must be completed on the online volunteer registration system.
- The deadline to register is Monday, July 10, 2017. Registration will be disabled after this deadline. Individuals who show up to volunteer race weekend without having registered, will NOT be permitted to volunteer.
- Volunteers must be 12 year of age or older. All volunteers under 18 years of age must have the registration form completed by a parent or legal guardian permitting participation.
VOLUNTEER JOB INFORMATION
- Race Day Registration: Volunteers will assist race day registrants with form completion, payment, bib assignment, and providing information to the timing company. Volunteers must arrive by 7am CST and can leave by 9am.
- Race Day Packet Pick-Up: Volunteers will assist pre-registered participants with their bib and packet. Volunteers must arrive by 7am CST and can leave by 9am.
- Course Marshals: Keep our runners safe by ensuring they stay on course. Provide direction and lots of cheering. Volunteers must be in position by 8:55am CST and stay on the course until 10am. Volunteers must be 18 years of age or older.
- Water Station: Prep water station by filling cups, hand out to thirsty runners, and clean up all supplies and garbage post-race. All bagged garbage and supplies can be left at the water station. Volunteers must be prepped and ready by 8:55am CST and stay on the course until 10am.
- Food Tent: Set-up food and drinks at our food tent before the first runner crosses the finish line. Keep things stocked throughout the post-race celebration and clean up any garbage and supplies. All bagged garbage and supplies can be left at the food tent. Volunteers must be prepped and ready no later than 9:15am and stay at the food tent until 10:30am CST.